top of page

Application for Facility Registration to Requalify Cylinders

To obtain a Requalifier Identification Number (RIN) an application must be submitted to DOT registering your facility as one that requalifies cylinders by the visual inspection method. The application must be signed by the facility manager, certifying that the facility will operate in compliance with the applicable hazardous materials regulations. NPGA has developed a application for your use that has been reviewed by DOT for acceptability.

Application for facility registration to requalify cylinders is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Department of Transportation.


Simply fill in the appropriate information and submit it to:


U.S. Department of Transportation
Office of Hazardous Materials Special Permits and Approvals
Records Center PHH-30
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE East Building, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20590
FAX: 202-366-3753

Click here for blank RIN application

bottom of page