Operator Training – Anhydrous Ammonia Contamination

In December 2011, five Missouri propane facilities were involved in an anhydrous ammonia contamination. Contaminated propane was delivered to more than 200 Missouri households. The contamination is believed to have been caused by a trailer not properly cleaned after being in ammonia service. Recovery and replacement of the contaminated propane as well as the ongoing project of inspecting the gas systems at the homes and businesses affected will be quite expensive and labor intensive.

 

The Missouri Propane Safety Commission has created some educational materials that we hope will assist both the propane and trucking industries.

 

Click here for Anhydrous Ammonia Education Materials 

© MISSOURI PROPANE SAFETY COMMISSION. All Rights Reserved.